Liquid facelift is a phrase that can be a bit confusing. What is clear is that nonsurgical facial rejuvenation treatments, such as fillers, BOTOX® Cosmetic, and laser treatments, are more popular than ever. For the correct patient, these alternatives to facelift surgery at my Boston practice offer a number of benefits.
In this blog post, I’ll focus on the liquid facelift procedure performed at my practice. I’ll also describe who might be a good candidate for this approach and who would benefit more from facial plastic surgery.
What Is a Liquid Facelift?
Many patients concerned about the early signs of aging decide to get injections of dermal fillers or BOTOX to address specific wrinkles or lines, such as crow’s feet around the eyes or deepening nasolabial folds. A liquid facelift combines these treatments for a comprehensive approach to facial aging.
When compared to a surgical facelift, the benefits of this nonsurgical procedure include:
- Limited or no downtime: Cosmetic injectable treatments have limited side effects, such as redness at the injection sites, but don’t require recovery time.
- Ability to precisely target specific concerns: When performed by a trained and qualified injector, a liquid facelift produces predictable results.
- Immediate results: You can see the results of fillers, which restore volume to areas around the mouth, under the eyes, and in the cheeks, immediately. The results following BOTOX injections—designed to reduce worry lines, forehead wrinkles, and crow’s feet—usually take several days to appear.
- More affordable: Even though the results of a liquid facelift are temporary and follow-up appointments are needed to maintain the outcome, the total cost will be less than facelift surgery.
- Subtle changes: Many patients who want to turn back the clock don’t want the results to be too noticeable.
Of course, not all patients are good candidates for a nonsurgical approach to facial rejuvenation. Women and men with significant skin laxity or jowling will be much better served by getting a facelift. Modern facelift techniques are more focused on elevating and repositioning the tissue and muscle that supports the skin so results look natural.
If you’re concerned about appearing older than you feel and believe a liquid facelift can help, contact us using the online form to request a consultation. We can discuss your specific concerns, and I can examine the tone and quality of your skin to determine if you’re a good candidate. You can also call our office at (781) 237-7700 to schedule an appointment.