“Instagram face” is a bona fide trend and the subject of hashtags on virtually every social media platform. If this is the first time you’ve heard of Instagram face, the phrase describes a certain look created by nonsurgical cosmetic treatments such as filler and BOTOX® injections.
At my Boston, MA, practice, I hear patients ask about what types of treatments are needed for different areas of the face to produce the sought-after appearance. In this blog post, I’ll provide some guidance for people interested in getting Instagram face by focusing on treatments for different features.
What Is Instagram Face?
You probably know the answer to this question if you’ve ever scrolled through the Instagram accounts of certain celebrity “influencers.” These are the Hadids and Kardashians of social media, whose selfies tend to foster trends followed by millions of people around the world. The hallmark of the Instagram face is a wide-eyed, smooth-skinned, and pouty-lipped appearance.
Injectable procedures vary depending on the area being treated. Here’s a breakdown of how to achieve the look you want:
- Forehead: Preventative BOTOX treatments for patients in their 20s can delay the development of fine lines and wrinkles that form as you change facial expressions. These procedures, sometimes called “baby BOTOX,” involve injecting smaller doses than what is normally used for patients who want to reduce existing wrinkles.
- Eye Area: Injectables, including BOTOX and fillers such as JUVÉDERM® and Restylane®, can give the brow a lifted appearance, minimize crow’s feet, and treat dark circles below the eye. It’s not really Instagram face without the wide eyes and elevated brow.
- Cheeks: Another must-have feature of the Instagram face look are prominent, sculpted cheekbones. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®, which is used to restore volume to the cheeks, can create the high cheekbones that are associated with beauty—Instagram or no Instagram.
- Nose: If you’re not one of the few people born with a straight, ever-so-slightly upturned nose, not to worry—you don’t need a nose job. Nonsurgical rhinoplasty techniques using injectable treatments can create a straighter, smoother, more contoured nose without recovery time.
- Mouth: Restylane Silk and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® are fillers designed specifically for lip augmentation. Used conservatively, these fillers can create full, sensuous lips without an overly injected appearance.
- Chin and jaw: A sculpted jawline and defined chin provide the final touches for Instagram face. Strategically injected fillers can create the angular jaw patients want. Nonsurgical fat reduction treatments such as KYBELLA® or CoolSculpting® can reduce the appearance of a double chin.
When combined with quality skincare products, these procedures can produce the Instagrammable face that you want. It’s important to make sure you choose a provider whose expertise in nonsurgical facial contouring is unsurpassed.
Whether you want to go the Instagram face route, or you just need to minimize a wrinkle here and there, contact us using the online form to request a consultation. Or give our office a call at (781) 237-7700 to schedule an appointment.